Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
The days of handcrafted systems, services and infrastructure are over - it's the era of Infrastructure As Code.
We write code for orchestration tools to run configuration management systems to ensure that individual applications systems are easily reproducible. We write test suites to verify the behaviour of those applications.
In the same way, with HashiCorp's Terraform, we can write code to provision backend infrastructure such as instances, networks, storage, databases and ancillary services such as load balancers/proxies, DNS, TLS termination and more. And then reproduce the whole thing in multiple environments on many platforms including AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, GCP for testing, development and deployment.
This introduction to Terraform will show how to declaratively build and modify your infrastructure with code that can be versioned, tested and deployed with the rigour of modern release engineering, all the way to Continuous Integration and Deployment.
Who should attend:
- Novice sysadmins/infrastructure engineers or those who are new to infrastructure automation
- Experienced sysadmins/infrastructure engineers coming from diverse backgrounds in systems/configuration management, but who are new to Terraform
- Developers who are responsible for, or want to be able to apply their background to, infrastructure provisioning and testing
Take back to work:
- A solid understanding of the benefits of Infrastructure As Code
- Practical examples for Terraforming infrastructure
- Full CI/CD for the created infrastructure
- Techniques for machine (and, time-permitting, container)-based systems
Terraform, Infrastructure Engineering, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Cloud Infrastructure
Presented by Duncan Hutty