Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Interested in an in-demand career with salaries up to six-figures? The job market for Salesforce professionals is growing, with over 100,000 job openings for the Salesforce skills created last year*. In this class, you'll get a crash course in building simple employee-facing business apps that run on both a web browser and a mobile device - without writing any code!
This is not a sales pitch. I’m a Salesforce developer, and I’m passionate about bringing diversity to the tech sector and helping women learn about powerful career options.
Whether you’re familiar with Salesforce from your work experience or are just looking for a career in a hot field, join us to learn about app-building on Salesforce.
What this class will cover:
• What is Salesforce and what are the career opportunities for Salesforce Admins and Developers?
• App-building concepts including data modeling, user interfaces, business logic, reports, dashboards, and mobile.
• Hands-on and guided project building, to build a sample app in one day.
• Introduction to Trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/), a fun online learning platform for Salesforce.
• Resources for connecting with the Salesforce community (https://success.salesforce.com/).
The tools for learning to develop with Salesforce are free:
• Developer Edition (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup) account
• Salesforce1 Mobile App (AppStore and Google Play)
• Trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/), the fun free way to learn Salesforce
Students should be fairly familiar with using internet and mobile applications and Googling for answers to all of life’s questions. You do not need any prior Salesforce experience.
Please bring a laptop, not an iPad/tablet. The visual development tools only run on a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 9 or later).
Check out this info sheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B344HUnWO0EhOFI4SmpWVjE2Yms/edit)about getting course fees covered by your employer.
*Report obtained under license from Burning Glass Technologies. Data from June 2014-June 2015.
All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct (https://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct)