Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Our speaker this month is our very own Charles Sgrillo!
With 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology, Charles has held positions in the field such as Principal Consultant, IP Security Systems Specialist, Systems Engineer, and Red Team Penetration Tester. Charles has extensive experience in offensive security techniques and defensive strategies. His graduate research thesis demonstrated the effects physical security systems can play in penetration testing and security assessments. His post-graduate research has explored topics such as digital forensics, penetration testing, social engineering, physical security, and software defined radio. Charles is currently a doctoral student at Capella University researching cybersecurity & information assurance.
Tools of the Chain
This talk will focus on offensive security and defensive tactics that cybersecurity professionals can use to apply the cyber kill chain in their daily jobs.
Both theory and hands on demos will be used throughout the presentation to provide real world examples of:
• Reconnaissance – What can adversary’s find out through passive and active information gathering techniques.
• Weaponization – A hands on overview of the tools & techniques used to create weaponized payloads.
• Delivery – An overview of popular social engineering and phishing frameworks
• Exploitation – Attendees will follow along as we complete diskless exploitation of a victim machine
• Installation – Overview of techniques used to remain persistent and bypass egress controls for C2 communication
• Command & Control – Popular C2 frameworks will be discussed and demonstrated
• Exfiltration – An overview of steganography and a demo of DLP bypassing data exfil techniques.