Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Our monthly meeting will be held January 16 from 5:30-8:00 on the second floor of the Microsoft Malvern MTC in Malvern. Refreshments are provided courtesy of Apex Systems.
Scott Ocamb - Agile Coach
This presentation will discuss the Value of Agile and how we can predict dates and manage a budget using Scrum and Kanban. The following points will be covered:
• Why – why we should even bother with using Agile.
• Fundamentals – basic building blocks of an Agile approach.
• Scrum Overview – basics of Scrum.
• Kanban Overview – basics of Kanban.
• Estimation – in order to predict dates, we need a lightweight way to estimate features.
• Budget and Schedule – basics of a budget and a delivery schedule.
• Progress and Scope Creep – we need to understand our progress and the effects new and changed features will have on budget and schedule.
We will then walk through an end-to-end DevOps Pipeline using a very simple MVC application and see the following:
• Make a change to the application using Visual Studio.
• Commit the change to a Sprint branch in Git.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the sprint branch.
• Release the change to the QA environment.
• Test the change in the QA environment.
• Perform a pull request from the Sprint Branch to the Master Branch.
• Perform a code review.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the master branch.
• Release the change to the Staging Environment with approvals
• Test the change in the Staging Environment
• Swap the Staging slot with the Production slot with an approval.
• Test the change in production.
• Rollback the change to simulate a production issue.
This session will live stream on Mixer at our channel https://mixer.com/phillydotnet
All meetups are recorded and appear on our YouTube channel at