Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
This month Alex Hagerman will help us get started with Apache Spark by doing a simple analysis of stackoverflow data via PySpark. During our exploration we will talk about:
- What Apache Spark is
- The different components of Spark
- When you might want to use Spark
- When you might not want to use Spark
For this session we will be focusing on PySpark Dataframes, RDDs and Spark SQL.
Each meeting will generally consist of:
• Food & chit-chat
• A presentation and discussion on some Python related topic. This may sometimes include hands-on opportunities, so bring a laptop if possible.
• An opportunity for other "lightning talks" and general discussion of cool or interesting things happening in the Python world.