Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Join us for the Courageous Leadership Series 2019. We believe these are conversations businesses need to have.
Businesses no longer operate in social silos, if they ever did. Issues of race relations, religious freedom, and gender equity, just to name a few, are present in our businesses and workplaces every day.
Some business people and entrepreneurs hope to just avoid what they see as a no-win minefield of issues. We believe that having these “difficult conversations” makes us better leaders, better followers, and stronger business teams.
Join us on January 30, 2019 for the first roundtable in our new series, Courageous Leadership. An expert lead panel will be followed by a roundtable discussion.
In this roundtable, we’ll be discussing the impact of gender in the workplace. In our dialog, we will address:
- The importance of a diverse team and the inclusion of all genders on your team
- Hiring process - How to encourage a diverse group of applicants to apply
- Creating safe workplaces - educating the entire team on appropriate behavior. How to be a good human.
- Leadership - below the C level - How to take on initiatives to make sure everybody feels safe or championing certain areas
Who should attend
- C-level leaders, HR professionals, and entrepreneurs looking to create safe workplaces
- Team members looking to better understand their diverse teammates
- Community members looking to participate in the conversation
- Members of the LGBTQ community who want to lend a voice to the discussion