Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Raspberry Pi from the ground up!
Not sure how to get started with a Raspberry PI? Got one as a gift during the Holidays?
Come find out how to install Raspbian and get started with this cool little single board computer!
We will show you:
- How to download and install Raspbian to your Pi
- How to configure your Pi
- Getting on the Internet with your Pi
- How to Program your Pi
- An intro to the Pi’s GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) Pins
We will briefly demonstrate how to use the GPIO pins to turn an LED on and off. We provide a small breadboard and components. For a $5 donation, you can take the breadboard and parts with you!
You will need to bring:
- Your laptop (must have an SD Card Reader)
- Your Raspberry Pi (PI Zero require HDMI & USB adapters)
- Micro SD Card for the Pi
- A Micro-USB Power Adapter/Cable
The classroom will be furnished with the following to connect to your Pi:
- Keyboards & Mice
- Monitors and Video Cables
But feel free to bring your own!