Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Come learn how we improved performance testing for Cloud-native applications by integrating Elasticsearch with Riverbed application performance monitoring (APM). The objective was to create realistic performance testing that was representative of real-world usage of the application.
DATA QUALITY IS EVERYTHING! Elasticsearch was used for log ingestion, SNMP Traps, Syslog, and infrastructure monitoring. In this talk we'll cover:
• How we developed focused Kibana dashboards and alerts that would combine data collected by AppInternals and other machine data collected by Elasticsearch.
• We'll walk you through how we capture data and present this data in Kibana, this includes three types of date:
- Information about objects under monitoring and their topology – such
as an instance running on (which servers), and which server tags are
used to groups the servers.
- Metrics – monitoring objects; including specific counts of normal, slow,
very slow transactions.
- Alerts – generated by AppInternals via SNMP channel.
RICHARD JUKNAVORIAN is a Principal at IT Squared LLC, a software and professional services firm focused on post-implementation consulting and value realization for leading APM software and solutions. Prior to that he was the SVP for Performance Management at PointRight, the leading provider of cloud based analytics for long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC). Richard is an active mentor and strategic advisor to several early stage companies and start-up accelerator programs.
ALEX KOZLOV is a hands-on Technical Evangelist at Riverbed with 20 + years of experience as an enterprise architect focusing on IT Analytics, APM and Dynamic Software Architectures. Prior to Riverbed, Alex worked as a Senior IT Architect at Gartner where he was responsible for IT Analytics and APM for the portfolio of internal applications. Alex’s recent experience includes discovery, visibility and RCA for cloud- and container-based applications using an APM, NPM and IT Analytics toolset.
• Learn more about Riverbed APM: www.riverbed.com/appinternals
• Try Riverbed APM for free: www.riverbed.com/try-appinternals
• Get The Essential Guide to Monitoring Containers and Microservices https://www.riverbed.com/forms/ebooks/ebook-guide-monitor-containers-microservices.html