Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Peter Phelps, Senior Percolator.
In 25 short steps we will learn the following five stages:
~ Terminology and Technical Foundations
~ Why the Blockchain is Needed
~ How the Blockchain Works
~ Limitations and How to Overcome Them
~ Using the Blockchain, Summary and Outlook
NOTE: This virtual self-study group does not involve coding. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. This book is for everyone who wants to get a general idea of what blockchain technology is, how it works, and how it will potentially change the financial system as we know it.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant purchases a copy of Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps by Daniel Drescher.
• Each participant commits to read the recommended chapters each week and post your observations and comments in the discussion area.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each step (chapter). Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the course is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have received a copy of the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for Blockchain, Lo Mein, Season 1. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Blockchain Basics. Then, start your learning by reviewing one step (chapter) at a time, and posting comments about your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 25 steps (chapters) in nine weeks starting Sunday, December 9, 2018 and continuing until Saturday, February 16, 2019. Refer to the Blockchain Lo Mein, Season 1 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, December 9 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of Blockchain Basics. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's Learn Blockchain!
Boston PHP, a Meetup-designated Super Group