Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Our next monthly game-creating tutorial will return with the basics: an introductory tutorial on Unity. This will be a hand-on course, so please come in with your laptop with Unity installed! We'll be making a simple 3D first-person perspective game that will cover the following topics:
• Importing pre-made assets
• Creating objects with super-fun physics
• Using images to add visually-pleasing patterns to your objects
• Learn what the heck materials are, and how to make your game look realistic (or shiny)
• How to manipulate the sun with lighting
• Adding sound effects
• Get a quick introduction on scripting
Note: please download Unity version[masked] or higher. Once finished, open Unity, login, then switch to your favorite web browser and navigate to the link below. Click the button, "Add to My Assets" to download the assets to your computer.