Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
This four-part, 8-hour Intro to Ruby course runs on Monday, March 20th, Wednesday, March 22nd, Monday, March 27th, and Wednesday, March 29th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. This Meetup event serves as registration for all four nights.
We're ramping up our first Ruby class and we are so excited for you to join in on the fun! Don't miss it!
This class is perfect for you if:
- You have no background in programming!
- You want to learn to Ruby
- You want to find out if you like programming
- You want to spend 4 nights coding on your laptop
- You want to start with the basics of Ruby before you learn Ruby on Rails
We'll be learning the basics of:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Problem-solving with code
What you'll need to bring:
- A laptop or Chromebook
- A web browser that can access https://repl.it/languages/ruby
- His real name is Chris
- He loves programming, volunteering for things, and Coderetreats
- He's the reason Barcamp Rochester hasn't happened in a long time
- He's a Software Craftsman with RoleModel Software
- He thinks he's very funny and snarky but no one is fooled by that especially his family.
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact us at rochester [at] girldevelopit dot com.
If you can no longer attend the class you signed up and paid for, your payment will be donated to the local chapter scholarship fund. You can help another woman in need!
Our events are women-inclusive, not women-exclusive. Anyone is welcome to attend our events and classes. All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.