Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
This two-part course runs on Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15 from 12:45pm to 5pm. Each day includes a 30-minute break.
Topics we'll cover:
• JS tools for testing, "linting," and minification
• Code organization, clean code, and debugging
• Design patterns
• Code performance
• AJAX requests and synchronous vs asynchronous processes
• Regular expressions
• Cookie management
• Introductions to MVC frameworks (Angular, React, etc), Node.js, libraries (jQuery), test-driven development, and object-oriented programming
• Your laptop. (Note: a netbook or tablet is NOT a substitute!)
• A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 3 (It's free and available for Mac/PC/Linux).
About the teacher:
Refunds offered only in case of emergency, class rescheduling, or class cancellation.
Unemployed or in financial distress and interested in taking this class? Apply for a scholarship.
Want to help out at this class? We're always looking for TA's! Contact the organizer at jend at girldevelopit.com
All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.