Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
We will be having our end of year holiday party at this meet. There will at least be pizza. If you like to donate more party items, you may. If you have nothing to donate, that is okay, please still come!
This is the Houston Robotics Club's regular informal Meetup event where we make group robot projects.
3 made or worked on projects to date:
• Tumblrweed (finished) - Ball robot
• ARIEL (ongoing) - Teleprescence robot. • Autonomous Robot [currently unnamed] (pre-planning stages) - autonomous moving machine
• Sonik (starting) - Self-Driving autonomous machine
Houston Robotics Club Github Page: https://github.com/Houston-Robotics-Club/ariel
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HoustonRobotics
GroupMe: Ask us about joining in our real-time chat group at the meets
During these Meetups, we work on:
• the group's robot projects
• assist on individual member's robot project's • discuss group and individual robot projects • teach and promote robotics in general A.R.I.E.L. - Avatar Robot for Imaging and Electronic Liaison (thanks Eric for the awesome name idea). Note: This Meetup is open to everyone. So even if you missed the last Meetup, you can still come.
** This event is the regular weekly meet the club has ran for 2 years now. This is an informally structured meet where we work on group projects and help with personal projects. **
** The Robotics 101 is special event the club is facilitating as well. It is a more formally structured event. If you want to be a part of our 101 course RSVP on the meet above this one.**
Relevant Resources for Our Group:
Simple Electronics: https://youtu.be/GQLED3gmONg
This channel has great info on electronics basics. The PWM video is a good place to start because that term gets thrown around a lot at our meets
This video gives a nice general rundown of what Arduinos are and simple coding for it. The channel also offers good tutorials on broader range of electronic and computer technoloy
Blueprint (You will need to register first on Lucid to view)