Cleveland GiveCamp will be happening this summer – July 19-21 – at LeanDog and Burke Lakefront Airport. For those who’ve helped in the past, the call for volunteers will be opening in June, so stay tuned for that. However, the call for non-profits is open now until June 1.
What is Cleveland GiveCamp?
Taken from the Cleveland GiveCamp website:
GiveCamp is a weekend-long event where software developers, designers, database administrators, project managers and creative professionals donate their time to create software and web-based applications for non-profit organizations. The event takes place at the LeanDog Boat (former Hornblowers) and Burke Lakefront Airport on the shores of Lake Erie.
The projects that are tackled over the weekend are projects that can be completed over the weekend. Past projects include:
- Mobile applications
- Desktop apps to track membership or clients
I’m a 501(c)(3) non-profit or applying for it… what all do I need to apply?
- Your organization’s Tax ID number.
- A scanned copy of your most recent IRS Form 990.
- A scanned copy of your IRS Determination Letter.
- 1-2 paragraphs about your organization’s history and background.
- 1-2 paragraphs identifying your needs as well as its goals and stakeholders.
- If you are requesting a web development project:
- URLs of 2-3 websites that you might want to emulate
- URLs of 2-3 websites you definitely don’t want to emulate.
You will also need to have people with decision-making authority and a technical contact available throughout the entire weekend.
This sounds like something that I could benefit from. Sign me up!
Check it out at: http://clevelandgivecamp.org/nonprofits/