Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Raspberry Pi from the ground up!
Not sure how to get started with a Raspberry PI? Come find out how to install Raspbian and get started with this cool little single board computer!
We will show you:
- How to download and install Raspbian to your Pi
- How to configure your Pi
- Getting on the Internet with your Pi
- How to Program your Pi
You will need to bring:
- Your laptop (must have an SD Card Reader)
- Your Raspberry Pi (Any model, but B+/2/3 are preferred)
- Micro SD Card for the Pi
- A Micro-USB Power Adapter/Cable
Makelab Charleston will provide Monitors and video cables to connect to your Pi.
Optional: If you have a USB Keyboard and Mouse, feel free to bring it, but we should have enough for everyone.