Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Join us and learn how a reorganized product team can deliver better end-to-end service experiences.
All proceeds go towards covering the cost of the event and making our UX Meetups even better.
6:00pm - 6:30pm - Eat, Drink, and Socialize
6:30pm - 7:30pm - The Experience is the Product - w/ Peter Merholz
7:30pm - 8:00pm - Eat, Drink, and Socialize
In this talk, Peter Merholz argues that the field of user experience emerged in order to compensate for bad product management practices. He will address the importance of experience-driven products and services, and how product management emphasized business and technical matters in lieu of understanding people. There is hope, through reorganizing product teams to better deliver on end-to-end service experiences, and reframing how we think of ‘product management’ as a practice.
About Peter Merholz
• VP of Design at Snagajob.
• Experience design and product management executive with 20 years experience across a broad range of digital media.
• Co-wrote _Org Design for Design Orgs_ the first book to address building and managing effective in-house design teams.
• Co-founded Adaptive Path, perhaps the world's premier firm dedicated to user experience.
• Lead the global design team at Groupon, including product/UX, marketing, and brand design.