Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
Discussion of sentiment analysis and its use. During this talk, Tobias Riazi will introduce attendees to performing sentiment analysis on Twitter data and demonstrate an approach to achieve usable results.
• You mad? - What is sentiment analysis and why is it becoming more important?
• Do I make the rules? - The difference between rule based and machine learning approaches
• Project Introduction (Twitter data and analysis)
• Intro to Twitter API (tweepy)
• Intro to sqlite3 and pandas
• Intro to vader (rule based)
• Intro to nltk (ML)
• The magic behind the scenes - Project code overview and demo
• Open discussion/questions
Follow up Discussion
As an addendum to the main presentation, Tyler Rinker will be discussing the theory of sentiment.