Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
This is what you need to know to start and operate a business in NY State.
All-day workshop includes marketing, finance, business law, insurance, tax and other aspects of starting your own business. Local experts and Certified SCORE mentors will give you the knowledge you nee
Topics Discussed Include:
- Introduction to services provided by the SBA (Small Business Administration) and SCORE.
- How to create a Business Plan.
- Determining your Market and how to conduct Market Research.
- Reading and understanding financial reports.
- What legal organization is best for your business and how do you minimize your liability exposure?
- How to minimize your financial risk with insurance and how to select an Insurance Broker.
- What are the Federal and State tax considerations you must conform to?
- How can you secure financing and what role does the SBA play?
This workshop includes Buffalo Niagara SCORE's Business Planning Guide, a $20 value.
A light lunch will be served