Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: Season 2 will be led by Tim Le, Senior Percolator. This second season of AWS Snack will focus on learning Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Amazon is coming to town!
NOTE: AWS Snack, Season 3 will follow Season 2 and will focus on Getting Started with Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
The book we will use for Season 2 is the same we used for Season 1:
Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches
David Clinton, author of our textbook, will be joining us to help answer the more challenging questions as they arise.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
• Each participant obtains a copy of the same textbook: Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches
• Each participant commits to read one chapter per week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each participant will receive feedback, as well as, a weekly group e-mail update.
Once you have access to the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
You DO NOT need to live in the Boston area to participate.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for AWS Snack, Season 2. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain a copy of Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches (the only program cost). Manning Publications has graciously allowed Boston PHP members to purchase products at a 36% discount. Just enter "ug367" in the Promotional Code box when you check out at manning.com.
When your book arrives, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 21 chapters plus one appendix in the book starting on a date to be determined.
Q: Do I have to wait until to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: AWS Snack, Season 2 message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge commitment and participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Invite your techie friends and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's start snacking!